Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dad's Appointment Yesterday.

Dear State Farm Agent, Can I get A NEW NEURO?!?! K? Thanks! No really, we need a new one. Dr. Li is disagreeing with Dr. Sibleys assessment & said just as much. She doesn't agree with him because she doesn't believe that this is neurological, she's still backing the whole stress & depression crap. Dr. Sibley questioned about doing a spinal tap on dad & Dr. Li, shot it down saying it was too invasive. I get that it's invasive. I get that it's going to hurt like a sonofabitch. I also realize that if I could do it for him I would. If it rules out, adds in a possible diagnosis then do it.

In the end Dr. Li rx'ed him meds for Parkinson's. He is to take a 1/2 a med 3 x's a day for a week & then a whole med 3x's a day for a week and see how it works. Obviously if it works he keeps it up! As she was writing the rx out she reiterated how she didn't think this would help and was only doing this for Sibley. She wants to see him back on June 6th @ 8:30 am. We're to the point where we want dad better. We want him to have a CLEAR diagnosis & not the bs stress/depression diagnosis.

Dear God, Please let the Parkinson's meds work. I think dad just wants something to show that he's not 'losing' it. God, Our biggest fear is that we'll get a final diagnosis from his autopsy. We don't want that. We don't want to lose him not now, not ever. He obviously still wants to live & is still fighting because he goes to these appointments, he shows them his ailments. They throw back on Depression & Stress b/c they can't figure it out. God, Am begging you, fix him. Make him ok. Any type of diagnosis, so we have a name, we have something to go on. Please give him the strength to keep fighting. Amen.

Mom had Chemo yesterday & saw her doctor as well. She cracks me up....She asked Dr. Sriratna if she had to "Drink that stuff that makes her want to PUKE!" LOL!! Dr. Sriratna laughed. He said, "No, you don't have to drink the stuff this time." It was pretty comical. He was Mr. serious until she said "Makes me want to puke!" Then he laughed.

Mom mentioned that she had to up her oxygen. He said, "You'll be ok."You could see the disappointment in his eyes when she said that she had to up it. He asked when would she go see Dr. Burr (lung dr) again & they are filled for May so when they start scheduling for June she'll get an appointment then.

Mom & I have the same fear that her chemo isn't working. If it was she wouldn't have to up her oxygen right? She would have more side effects right? I am hoping & praying that I'm wrong.. I want it to work, I NEED it to work. Not only for her but for me. Selfish huh?

Moving on...I took pictures of dad & I together at his appointment yesterday. One of the few times he actually wears a shirt. I need the pictures with him. I also took pictures of Dr. Sriratna and mom together. I took pictures of mom & I together. I took pictures of mom & the nurse together. My folks probably hate me for always taking pictures but one day, I won't be able to take pictures. Not of them. I digress.

This is the latest update. (My D button just does NOT want to cooperate!) We are doing Relay For Life, Linda's Fan Club Feel free to DONATE or BE THERE! If nothing else to stand along the side lines & give hugs! :D LOL! Nothing's better than a sweaty hug at the end of June! :P

I think this is the latest! ~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment