Saturday, April 30, 2011

All About Mom & Best Friends!!!

So I have a best friend. Her name is Shannon. I got a text yesterday, "Hey we're doing walk for a cure, you wanna do it?" I replied, "YES!" I was driving, Yes I know shame on me. Anyhow, I called her a bit later & said, "Am only walking if we have a cool team name!" I said, "Do you have any ideas?" She said, "Walkin for Linda." It hit me.. they weren't just walking, they were walking for MY MOM! Whoa.. I didn't even act shocked although I was. I think it just took me by surprise. LOL! I said how about, "Linda's Fan Club!" she liked that better. At some point and time today I'm going over to her house & setting up our team. There's about 20 people on it right now. 

Obviously this is a post to get more walkers with us! If you want to walk, let me know. If you want to donate because you can't be there, let me know! In a few days we'll have a page up so you can direct-donate to the cause. The cause that has kept my mom alive this long. The cause that has kept my babies with their grandparents for another year, another month, another day. 

My mom IS doing the Survivor walk on June 24th. It's at 7 pm. If you want more information so you can come out & cheer her on that'd be great!! If you don't want to walk/can't walk but want to be there let us know! We'd love to see you!! 

For more information contact me. Thanks!! ~Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment