Thursday, April 7, 2011

Unknown Illness Possibly Diagnosed.

Dad had an appointment Monday in Chicago. That doctor wanted to send him to a balance doctor & one other doctor. I can't remember which. Anyhow, yesterday I was laying down & mom called. They had gotten a call from Dr. Jani's office. The results of his MRI were in. Dad's brain tumor has grown. It's now pushing on his sinus cavity. All other doctors are on hold now as we get him into a neurosurgeon.

Please excuse me as I have a complete melt down.

I really wish these doctors would listen to us. We've been begging for 6 months to please just take the tumor out. See if that makes him better. Just try it. Instead they all jumped on the "mentally unstable" train. It was bullshit then & it's bullshit now. He was released from his counselor after 4 weeks. Finally 2 weeks ago all of the doctors agreed that he needed to see someone in Chicago because they couldn't figure it out. How is it possible that you go to college for 15 years and can't figure out what is wrong with my dad, yet his family members have it all figured out?!?!?!?

I think when doctors go to medical school they loose some compassion. They lose something.

So now we wait again, for another neurosurgeon to figure out if/when they are going to do surgery on dad.

Mom is doing ok.. she's hanging in there. Doesn't seem to be doing any better though. I am honestly questioning if this chemo is working at all. She is getting short of breath pretty quickly. No side effects to speak of. After the red devil and no side effects I almost equate side effects with chemo working or not.

This is the latest update. Am sure there's more however the kids are being super loud this morning! ~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment