Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seems Like I Just Wrote A Blog Like This...

about 2 months ago. Mom's chemo is not working. Her cancer is still growing. I took her to Bloomington yesterday to have her chemo treatment & the doctor wanted to see her. I knew right then & there that the chemo wasn't working. She wasn't supposed to see the doctor. Not yesterday. Her Chemo was cancelled for yesterday and instead she starts a 3 chemo cocktail. It will last all day. The side effects are supposed to be less than what the Red Devil was. I'm wondering if no side effects mean-the chemo isn't working. Right now this is our best guess.

Tomorrow I am to have mom in Bloomington by 10 am. She will go in & get her blood drawn. Then she will sit down to start her Avastin, Taxotere, & Cisplatin cocktail. It will take up most of the day. She doesn't want me sitting there through it all. I feel like I need to. Luckily, or not, for me, last Wednesday night as I was making dinner I decided to slice my thumb and take a tour of the ER. I'm ok but since I have stitches I am out of work until Monday. This makes me available to take my mom. A blessing in disguise perhaps.

Moving on to my dad, he's doing ok. I just got back from their house a little bit ago & he looked really good. I told him as such too! He thinks that this medicine IS working but that he needs to be on a higher dose. It was nice to see him smile, talk, stand, and walk with little difficulty! Definitely a blessing!

This is all for now. I don't know how much sleep I'll get tonight. My mind kind of wanders a lot when mom starts a new chemo.

Prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment