Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dad Looks GOOD! HE LOOKS GOOD!

I went to the folks' house yesterday after work and dad looked pretty good. He wasn't all leaned over in his hunched position like normal. I stayed for just a little bit since my head was throbbing! (Yay for weather headaches!)

I talked to mom for a little bit & dad had taken 1 of his 3 doses that day of his meds for Parkinson's. (I REALLY need to get the name of that stuff!) 

She texted me about 520 to see if I was coming over for our evening chat time. My alarm went off at 530 because I was trying to sleep my headache off. It worked! Anyhow. I picked the babies up from Boys & Girls Club & then we went to Grandma & Papa's to hang out. By the time we got there he had taken ALL of his doses for the day. He was sitting UPRIGHT!, He had COLOR!, He looked GOOD!. While I was back in the office talking to mom, dad came back & was talking. There was NO stutter! He didn't have to STOP & THINK! OMG! It was AMAZING!!! 

Then I looked at his hand.. Obviously I've been all over google & then some researching Parkinson's. I was watching dad's hands. On his left hand he was rubbing his thumb & forefinger together. I got loud because I was waiting to see it again! It's a TREMOR!! Those are TREMORS!!! It's called "pill rolling". Dad didn't even realize that he was doing it!!! He rubs his thumb & forefinger in a circular motion. 

As I was talking to mom, I said, "As soon as I get home I'll google it & tell you." I've noticed the 'pill rolling' with dad many times. I thought that he was doing it to keep his hands from getting stiff. He had NO CLUE that he was doing it!

Dad was filled with Piss N Vinegar last night. He hasn't been that way in MONTHS! He told mom that he hadn't felt as good as what he did yesterday evening in a couple of months! I HOPE this keeps up!! I hope this medicine works!! I hope it KEEPS working! I hope dad hits the ground RUNNING now!! He didn't stumble to the office, he WALKED! HE WALKED! His normal stride!! The one that as a child I could never keep up with & now as an adult I STILL can't keep up! LOL!

Way to go Dad!! We're SO proud of you!!! 

I pray that this keeps up. I pray that dad's ok now. I know it'll get worse but for now, this is all we could ask for! Dad says that he wants to be back to work in a couple of weeks if he keeps feeling this good! YAY! 

Prayers are answered I hope! ~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment