Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today's Been Rough...

Today has been pretty rough for dad. I stopped by this morning around 7:00-7:30 AM and he was sleeping. Asked mom how his night went and he slept really well. He went to take a nap around 4:30 on Friday afternoon & mom woke him up around 8:00pm to take his medicine. My oldest daughter said that he stumbled getting his nightly medicine. Soon after he took his medicine he went back to bed & slept until 4:00 this morning. Then went back to bed by the time that I got there.

He spent some of the day crying because he feels so crappy. There's nothing any of us can do right now. We can watch, give hugs, and tell him it'll be ok. A good friend of his called from work and talked to him. Mom said that he stuttered & cried through most of the conversation. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be to try and have a simple conversation and you just can't. I'm sure some of the reason he cried was because he was embarrassed b/c he was stuttering however most everyone knows that if they call dad, he's going to stutter. He's going to cry. The lady on the phone knows my dad & honestly probably doesn't care if he stutters or cries on the phone just so long as he'll be ok. As a matter of fact I know that she just wants my dad to get better!

Mike & I & the 2 babies went down to see them tonight and he seemed to be doing a bit better. I went in gave him a hug & asked him how he was feeling. His obvious response was, "Not worth a shit." I said, "It'll get better dad." He grumbled.

Before we left for the night I got a few good laughs out of him. It seems odd that, that's pretty much how I gauge how is day is going is if he laughs. Some days he doesn't laugh at all anymore, some days he seems to be in really good spirits.

My mom and I are convinced that part of the reason my dad is doing as well as he is (seems weird to say that) is b/c my 11 yo daughter is staying with them. My dad's world revolves around her and we think that he hasn't given up b/c of her. I told my 11 yo tonight when we left, "Take good care of Grammy & Papa!" Dad said, "She always does, she takes the very best care of us." Proof positive that letting her stay there is in the best interest of her AND my parents. (I've caught a LOT of flack for letting her stay there)

That's all from here for tonight. Only 6 more days until his MRA!!! ~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment