Saturday, November 20, 2010

11/20/2010 (long)

Dad had an ok day yesterday.. a bit rough though. Yesterday dad had his MRA FINALLY! We should have the results from it Monday-Tuesday. We are hoping that it shows something that can be easily fixed! J had to take him down since my son had a doctor's appointment at the same time. Dad wanted to run some errands while he was down there so they did all of that.

I'm going to back up to yesterday morning. I ended up calling my mom around 8:00 am to see if I could use their van for work. My wonderful boyfriend decided to put his big fiberglass ladder through my windshield before he left for work. It was a total accident, frost + big heavy ladder + metal non frosted van w/ no ladder rack = Lisa's windshield has a few hundred big cracks in it now. I went to get mom and dad's van around 9:45 am. When I went in to get the keys I said, "Hi Daddy, I need your keys, I have to take your van to work, Mike put his ladder through my windshield." He gave a perplexed look, handed the keys over and then scowled. I assumed it was because he just woke up and hearing that I have a new style of windshield doesn't really make anyone happy.

I dropped their van back off after work and headed home. Mom called about 10 minutes later asking why I didn't come in to see her. I said because you & dad were both sleeping. She said, "Lisa dad's not here." Uhm what? I got home at 1:30ish his appointment wasn't until 3:00 and I made sure I hurried home from work in case he wanted to leave early to run errands.

(This is where there has to be guardian angels, divine intervention, something) My mom said, "Lisa, dad wasn't too happy that you came and got the van. When you came to get it he was within a few minutes of leaving to take himself to Bloomington." I cut her off, "Mom, that's way earlier than his appointment at 3:00 pm." Mom said, "I know, but he had some stuff that he wanted to do." Mom said that she had to explain to dad that J was taking him to Bloomington b/c we didn't want him going alone. He got super cranky over it. Obviously he feels like we are babying him and trying to take his independence away from him. That's not the case however when he can't last 20 minutes in Wal-Mart I'm not exactly sure how he expected to last 6 HOURS until his appointment.. basically almost an 8-10 hour day after his appointment for his MRA. In short (too late) There's a reason the ladder slipped off of Mike's work van and into my windshield. If it wouldn't have dad would've left for Bloomington by himself while mom was sleeping and couldn't have stopped him. Dad knew that J was taking him to Bloomington, we're not sure if he forgot or was just being defiant. Either or I'm really glad my windshield got busted. *Ironic I know!*

This next part is all 3rd hand information--J and dad went to Bloomington and while they were there they went to Wal-Mart and dad stopped by work to see people. Instead of taking the elevator he took the stairs. By the time all was said and done apparently 4 guys had to help him out to the truck (He says NO there wasn't that many), he was stumbling, gray, lightheaded, hard time breathing, and he was crying. He was so upset that he didn't remember anyone's names. The 2 people that he went to see weren't there. J was going to call and talk to mom about it last night & I never heard from mom so I don't know the rest of the story.

They got home around 6pm last night. When I went over to see them, dad could hardly walk. He was stumbling all over the place, stuttering, out of breath, and I really wish he would've just sat or laid down. He's being stubborn. He's scared. He doesn't want to lose his independence. Obviously we all understand this. At the same time we know his limits and he is either ignoring them or trying to push them. Him being stubborn isn't all bad. It could actually be worse, he could just lay down and give up. So for today, please continue to be stubborn dad, continue this fight, we're all fighting for you as well.

Wednesday he has his EEG. Apparently when that is done they will call to set up his psychoanalysis. His primary doctor is also ordering a 24 hour oxygen level on him since he is getting winded so quickly.

I'm pretty sure today he'll lay low. Yesterday was super busy for him. Please continue the prayers and thoughts. They are appreciated. ~Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment