Monday, November 15, 2010

11/15/2010

Dad had an ok day today.

They had a visit from a long time friend. Phyllis came up to see them. I had hoped that it would lift dad's spirits but it didn't seem to much. Before she left dad was back in bed because he wasn't feeling well. I know that she didn't expect him to entertain her or anything like that at all but it would've been nice if he could've visited more. Notice I said could've. With dad's stuttering he's not much for conversation anymore. It's not that he doesn't want to, mom and I think that it's because he's embarrassed about it & then he cries. It is so hard to see my dad struggle with this. With mom and I, he will talk. It seems as though if it's anyone else though he won't unless he has to.

I know that mom enjoyed the visit with Phyllis and I did as well! It was so nice to see her! She brought up some vegetable soup and mom said it was fabulous!

That's pretty much it from today. Nothing new has happened. Luckily he seems to be holding in a steady pattern. I just wish that he felt better.

4 Days til his MRA & 9 Days til his EEG!

P.S. If you go to a church and would be willing to, he and my mom would appreciate him being put on the prayer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment