Saturday, November 20, 2010

11/20/2010 Part 2

Dad has had a pretty bad day today. We think that he's worn out from yesterday. He's stumbled and stuttered a lot today. He had company this morning. A long time friend of his stopped by to see him. Mom had to get him up from his morning nap and he stumbled out to the living room. A few times he almost fell completely down. Hopefully this has everything to do with him being so tired vs him actually getting a lot worse.

I went over this afternoon and he was so short of breath & so unsteady on his feet. I asked him if he needed help to get back to his chair and he said, "No I have walls to lean on." I helped him back out to his chair anyhow. It was so hard to watch him try to sit. You could see him trying to tell his right leg to lift so he could at least get part way sat down but his leg wasn't moving. After about 3 seconds his leg finally moved and he plopped down. He's still breathing quite heavily by now. I gave him a huge hug and asked if I could get him anything before I left.

Again we should have results back by Tuesday. We need these results. We need to know what is going on. Our general consensus (mom and I's) is that the pituitary tumor is causing the dizzy/ light headed feeling and that the TIA's are causing the stuttering/stumbling etc. Best case scenario this all fixes itself.. realistically we are hoping that it IS TIA's at least those can be fixed with medicine.

2-3 days until his MRA results come in & 4 days until his EEG!

No comments:

Post a Comment