Tuesday, December 28, 2010

There's No Easy Way To Put This...

I apologize for not posting more. Things have been crazy here.

Dad got better for a day. Maybe. He's still stuttering, stumbling, extremely emotional, and now we worry that he's not doing mentally well. He said some things to mom tonight that made her worry. She asked if she needed to call their psychiatrist and he said no. Just keep these things back here with you. That's as far as I'm going into detail with that. Feel free to draw your own conclusion. Dad's not well.

Mom found out Christmas Eve Day that her cancer has grown some more. She starts chemo a week from Friday. The doctor was trying to put her off until after Christmas but my mom was adamant. Finally he called her back. She found out today that the chemo they are using isn't one that's common. She has to have it once every 3 weeks. It's 6 hours long & it's red. It has the chance to make her pretty sick. The most common side effect is diarrhea. She's not too happy & I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be either. I've just googled Red Chemo Drug.. I wish I wouldn't have. It's called the Red Devil for short. She'll lose her hair without a doubt.

That's the update from here. Today, Life sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment