Thursday, December 2, 2010

Really Bad Day Today

Dad had an appointment at 11:45 this morning with his regular doctor. Around 11 am his whole world started spinning. Literally. He couldn't walk and he couldn't keep his balance for anything in the world. Mom asked him if he was ok and he said No that he wasn't ok.

J was already here to take dad to his appointment and apparently on the drive down he just got worse and worse and worse. Dad let them put him in a wheel chair to take him into the office. J talked to the Dr. in the hallway and he went into the room and more or less said, "You're going to the ER you don't have a choice. I think that you're having a stroke."

Dad refused to take an ambulance to the ER. J and her husband got my dad into her truck and she took him to the ER. I got the call at 12:20 pm via my mom, "Lisa, dad went to the doctor and he's in the hospital." Since my phone doesn't work in the school I didn't get the call until after I got out of work. I was almost to Fairbury by the time I actually listened to the voice mail. My heart sank. I wasn't really surprised but at the same time I wasn't expecting it to be like this.

I called mom back and asked her if we were going to the hospital. We were. I came here, she was getting dressed and such when I got here. I rushed her to get to dad. He wasn't all that coherent, he couldn't walk, and he was very very weak. When we got there mom had to say "dad" a few times to get him to answer her. It was heartbreaking to say the least. He finally answered her and his head bobbed all over the place his eyes were empty. He was trying but just couldn't focus on anything. His head slumped back, it was hell. Literally.

I went over to talk to him & I got his attention for a minute, I said, "Daddy do you know who I am?" He tried.. he really did. After a few minutes he got it right. It sucks trying to get your dad to remember who you are.

The neurologist came in and I have to say that we really don't care for her. She came in & started yelling his name to get his attention. Dumbass he's NOT deaf, his brain isn't working. Yelling isn't going to make it any better. To prove this point my dad lifted his head and said, "Who are you?!?!?!" She asked if he'd been crying and why was he crying. We're like he does this from time to time because he feels bad. She said, "I think that he needs to be on some sort of antidepressant." Uhm.. brainiac, he's on antidepressants and has been for about 15 years. Ever since my brother died. Pay attention to your files and stop acting like he's just a number. MY DAD IS NOT A NUMBER HE'S MY DAD!

Apparently his MRA and EEG came back fine. Someone is missing something somewhere because this isn't normal and this sure as hell isn't normal for someone like my dad. Not normal for him at all. He knows who his kids are, he knows how to talk properly, he knows how to walk, hell he knows how to do so much that he's a total genius in his own way. People under estimate how awesome he really is.

Tonight in the hospital they did another EEG and another MRI. Hopefully something will show up somewhere. We need for it to. Dad's personal hell needs to be fixed. They need to make him better.

Obviously begging for prayers is an understatement.

I've just re-read this and it's awfully jumbled. I'm hoping somewhere it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment