Sunday, December 5, 2010

He's Home!!

Dad is finally at home. Last night he looked better than I've seen him look in a long time. He was giving EVERYONE a hard time! It was great! He only stuttered a little bit!

The new neurosurgeon has said that while he does have a pituitary tumor that's not the cause for everything that's going on. We're back to square one. The most 'logical' reason is that something 'clicked' in dad when mom was hospitalized last January. Then came the diagnosis of her stage 4 lung cancer. They're trying to attribute all of this to that. I'm not so sure that I agree however everything else is clear. His brain looks good, all of his blood work is normal etc. He's having his psychoanalysis on the 19th of this month. I need to recheck that date.. that's a Sunday. That can't be right.. anyhow.

I spent 6 very long hours at the hospital yesterday. It was wretched. I loathe hospitals. Dad was surprised that I actually stayed as long as I did, he said, "It's not a bad thing but I'm just surprised." I AM TOO! lol! If I would've had my phone I would've begged Mike to come sit w/ him & then bring him home. On dad & I's drive home I said, "Dad it kind of pisses me off, them saying that it is in your head, we're really back to square one." He said, "It doesn't piss me off at all, we know more now than we did 4 days ago." Which is true, we do. He said, "Now we just know that we need to look other places." Very wise man, even when he's sick he's wise.

I think the whole "It's in his head" deal makes him sound psychotic or something and he's not at all. There's a huge stigma to that. The doctor explained it to mom better, he said, "Something just flipped and it was traumatic to your husband. This is his body's way of reacting to it." It sounded better coming from him I suppose. Every time I say it, it still doesn't make sense. In the end if mom & dad are happy with his diagnosis than who am I to complain or question it?

For this morning, dad is home, he's in his bed, and all is well. Thank God.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Glad he's home and feeling better. Glad your mom told off the doc and got a second opinion. Is she still thinking about going to Chicago? Anxious to read your next posting. Thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad, and the whole dang family!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete