Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yesterday Was Hell, Tomorrow Will Be Hell...

Yesterday I talked to mom & found out that dad had a 'spell'. I stopped by their house last night to drop dinner off & mom told me that dad had one of his 'spells'. I inquired more because he has different spells. He has spells where he stutters, spells where he can't think, spells where he's in pain etc. Mom couldn't really explain it just said that he wasn't feeling well at all. Keeping all of this in mind when I talked to her around 1:30 yesterday afternoon she said that she thought that he was feeling better than he had the previous day. I guess on Tuesday he slept most of the day. By 6pm last night he wasn't feeling well.

Last night dad called around 7pm to ask about one of Kaitlyn's problems and he said, "I think the answer is 20 but I'm not feeling good so I could be wrong." I said, "No dad that's the right answer." I confirmed with Mike just to be sure. After we got Kaitlyn's problem squared away, I asked him how he was feeling or what happened this afternoon to make him feel bad. He said, It felt like he had fallen and hit the back of his head. He said the room was spinning and (He said again) it just felt like he had fallen and hit the back of his head on cement. He said that he was disoriented as well. He laid down and when he got up I'm assuming he felt a little bit better. He stuttered a little while he was on the phone. Anymore it's not really shocking to hear him stutter. It used to take my breath away and make me feel like shit. Now I'm used to it. Never ever thought I'd say that.

Tomorrow mom starts her chemo. I can't really get my head out of my ass to look at this in perspective. It has consumed me and that's not really a good thing. I'm thinking of taking off work tomorrow so that I can go with her. Dad will be there but 6 hours is a very long time for him to be out of the house and away from his bed if he starts feeling crappy. I have errands that I can run in Bloomington while she's there. I just don't see dad being able to handle the 6 hours away from home. If mom feels bad after chemo and dad feels bad how are they going to get home? I'm going to talk to mom this morning about it. Explain my concerns and see if she agrees. If she does then I'll be taking tomorrow off of work.

Who am I kidding? I just don't have a good feeling about tomorrow, that's why I want/need to be there. So much for sugar coating huh? Hopefully tomorrow goes off without a hitch. Hopefully mom feels well enough on Saturday for pictures. That's the update..

P.S. I bought them the Grandparents tell me a story book for the babies. It's a guided journal for them to talk about their lives. When the babies are old enough it'll be given to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment