Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just an update.

I got a frantic call around 11:40 am yesterday morning. I ignored it.. I was taking a nap. Mike's phone rang and low and behold he comes flying in the bedroom. "LISA GET UP! MOM NEEDS YOU!" oi oi oi!! *yawn* I take the phone from Mike, it was my mom. "Lisa go to the pharmacy and get over here NOW!" In hindsight I feel bad about yawning but that's what happened. I jump up throw on jeans while listening to Mike tell me that he could hear dad crying in the back ground. I tell Mike to call the pharmacy and have the rx's ready so all I have to do is sign for them. I went flying down the road, did a 180, and headed to the pharmacy. I get to the pharmacy and run in.. literally. Dan said, "What's going on?" I said, "I don't know, is it ready?" It was, I signed for it & left. Flew over to my folks' house, barely got the car in park and ran.

I flung open the door & said, "DAD WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OK?" He was sitting at his counter just sobbing. He is so sad. He cried even harder when he explained that we shouldn't have to take care of him. Then cried even harder still when he said that we should be sick of taking care of him. I just hugged him, kissed him and reassured him that I wouldn't rather be doing anything but be right there to take care of him. I asked him what medicine I picked up for him & it was an NSAID for his breast tissue that's swollen. I said well go on and take it. It'll make at least that part of your body feel better.

Dad apologized for waking me up from my nap. I said dad it's ok. Not a big deal. It's not a big deal. I would've much rather been there with him talking to him & reassuring him that us taking care of him is of the utmost importance.

Mom called me back to her office and said that she couldn't handle him when he gets like that. She doesn't know what to do or say. I said mom just tell him that it's ok, we're supposed to be there for him & we LIKE being there for him.

I think today I need to sit down and write about when I was a child and how he always took care of us, now it's our turn. To let us do it, not to feel guilty about it, & let him know that it's not a big deal to take care of him. If he needs us there's no other place in the world I'd rather be but right there with him.

Tell him things like, "Remember when you were late for work and you had to get J and I ready to go out the door?" He always took time to push our hair back in our hoods. Zip us up & tie our hoods. Made sure that our lil gloves were inside the wrists of our jackets to keep the cold out. I remember the smell of his hands. Cologne and metal. Remember how it wasn't a big deal to do that before work.. well it's not a big deal to take care of him now.

Ack kids are up & I just lost my train of thought.. I think this is all! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment