Monday, June 6, 2011

A Blog For Me & This One Is Moving

This will come off as snotty & snide.. If you get offended then you do. I'm not going to apologize. My frustration level has hit it's peak. Maybe this will be good maybe it will end up being a train wreck, but here goes.

I am DONE being criticized for doing the absolute best that I can in taking care of my parents. I have recently been informed that my parents' information shouldn't be out for everyone to read, that I write the blogs for attention, & that I'm flat out doing a shitty job taking care of them.

Here's the deal, My folks KNOW about this blog. They SUPPORT this blog. This is a fast way to update EVERYONE instead of making a million phone calls to let everyone know how they're doing & listen to them stutter as they try to find some sort if genius answer. There is NO genius answer. There is NO 'right' answer. This is merely what is going on in my mom & dad's life. I am NOT doing this without their permission, I wouldn't DREAM of it.

Some people are very private. My folks believe that if their information helps someone else, than it was worth it. Even if it's ONLY ONE person. I imagine people have stumbled upon my blog while searching answers on information for chemo. This is NOT a medical website, this is the true life happenings of what my mom has gone & is going through.

This is also information on what my dad has gone through as well. His mystery illness that we still do NOT have a diagnosis for. Someone in California could be reading this & say, "Hey my dad had that, he passed away but he had THIS!" I get an email telling me their story & have my dad's doctor's check it out & we could FINALLY have that desperate answer that we've been searching for. Is it a long shot? YES! But we're quickly running out of options with my dad. So to those who think it's too much to put out there. This is why. Yes they know about it.

Now onto the whole attention thing... Seriously? I can think of a million other things that I'd want attention or kudos for than taking care of my parents. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It is unbelievable HELL watching your parents be ill in front of you. Watching them go from active healthy adults to shells of who they used to be. If I REALLY wanted the attention, I'd be making individual phone calls to discuss and beat the proverbial dead horse.

And on to the last accusation of me not taking good care of my parents. I am NOT a Nurse, I am NOT even REMOTELY in the medical field. My folks do NOT want a home healthcare nurse. That leaves me. I see very few people willing to come and visit and even fewer coming to actually help take care of them with me. A lot of people won't even call & DEPEND on this blog so they are not put in the situation of trying to find SOMETHING 'right' to say. Exactly what DO you say to someone who openly admits that she's dying? What DO you say to someone who says, "No I'm not feeling well today." I'm sorry. That's a pretty short conversation. Many won't talk about what is going on in their lives because they suddenly feel as though it's insignificant compared to what my folks are going through. Yanno, Hearing your 'insignificant' stuff makes my folks FEEL NORMAL!!! There are NO miracle words to say right now. There never will be.

I guess in short I'm saying, if you don't like something I'm doing, come to me with it. Do not run your mouths about me to other people. Better yet, offer to help or say, "Hey, here's an idea." There is NO book on how to properly take care of your parents. I have asked & asked again if anyone knows of any caretaker classes so that *I* can GET BETTER at taking care of them. Right now I'm doing the absolute best that I can. Don't like it? Offer to help. Chances are, you won't be turned down.

If you don't like the blogs then don't read them. It's that simple.

Here's the only absolute thing that I can promise you. If you are going to say something nasty about me taking care of my parents, their blog, or anything of the like, you will NOT like my response. At this point, I do NOT have time to sit around and think about what everyone else will think when I post something. If anything offends you, this happens to be YOUR problem.

All of this being said, If you've offered to help, it's appreciated. If you've called & talked about insignificant stuff, it's appreciated. If you've prayed for my folks, it's appreciated. If you've come to see them, it's really appreciated.

~Lisa

This is the link to their new blog. This way, if you don't like it, you can't just click on it & see, you have to be approved. NEW BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment